If you apply for funding, you will receive a response via e-mail indicating whether your proposal has been approved or rejected. You will receive this response within one month of applying. The response will include:
- Whether you have been approved or rejected.
- Whether we will cover your travel expenses fully or partially.
- Exactly what parts of your travel will be funded.
- Our funding partner that is sponsoring your travel.
- Which blockchain and currency will be used to reimburse you.
The decision to approve or reject your proposal rests solely with the DAO governance. Decisions are final.
If you are approved for travel funding, you must acknowledge us in the following ways:
Include the following text, or similar, in the acknowledgements of the paper: This paper was partially funded by [funding partner] through the Research DAO.
On the first (title) and last (thank you / questions) slide of your presentation, include the funding partner and the Research DAO logos.
If this paper is part of your bachelor, master, or PhD thesis, include the following text, or similar, in your acknowledgements: This thesis was partially funded by [funding partner], through the Research DAO.
You must book your travel and pay for it with your own funds. We will reimburse you afterwards. If for any reason you are unable to do so, please let us know. After you have returned from your trip and successfully presented your paper, you must submit a reimbursement request. This request includes:
- The receipts for your travel expenses. Your actual travel expenses must be close to your initial estimate.
- Your cryptocurrency address, in our blockchain of choice, where you will receive the funds.
Please submit your reimbursement request using our student travel reimbursement form. The reimbursement request must be made at most one month after the end of the conference.
We will reimburse you within one month of receiving your request, in cryptocurrency, based on the fiat prices during the time of reimbursement. We will e-mail you when we have initiated the reimbursement transaction.
Please be aware that accepted proposals, including your paper title, your name, and amount of funds that you received will be made public in the interest of transparency. You are responsible for payment of any applicable taxes on the stipends.